Service Apartments are the latest preference of travelers looking for accommodation outside the home city. A service apartment is ideal for those looking for short/long term duration stay options when traveling to other cities. It is ideal for those traveling for Business stay and job purpose and is in search of a contract-free accommodation.
The past few decades have seen dramatic changes in the way business is done. Technology has made it feasible for us to connect with anyone, anywhere at any time with ease. The Internet has helped in reducing the distances to a large extent. From conducting business deals, review meetings to pre-marriage meetings and long-distance relations everything is now much simpler and convenient. However, there are many things that still need the magic of human touch/interaction. For these people need to travel to other cities.
Service apartments are also preferred by individuals traveling for a long duration but do not want the hassle of setting up home. Also, executives working on specific projects at different location opt for this as a liable accommodation as it lets them be independent and also is a cost-effective solution.
The concept of staying in hotels is slowly being overtaken by the concept of service apartments, amongst the long-term travelers. So it is vital to understand what a service apartment is all about and how it is different from a hotel.
What is a Service Apartment?
A Service Apartment is a fully furnished apartment given on lease for short or long term duration as a stay option. The service apartment as whole or a part of i.e. one room is given to the guests. Fully furnished and serviced rooms give the guest a hotel experience. Services like wi-fi, room service, fitness center, laundry services, swimming pool and a fully equipped kitchen with the live-in cook(optional) will ensure that the guest feels comfortable and well looked after.
Ideal service apartments would consist of one bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and a drawing room. The number of rooms might be more or less depending on the requirement of the guest. It’s like a home away from home, except the fact that family members won’t be there. But, since it’s a service apartment you meet your friends and relatives or family members whenever you want.
How is a Service Apartment different from Hotel?
A Service Apartment is very much like a hotel when it comes to it’s working principle. Guests are charged on per night basis, and there is check-in and check-out process and timeline. The apartments are basically buildings or specific floors of apartments reconstructed into individual small living units. Some of the unique features of a service apartment are listed below:
- Service apartments are cost-effective options for people traveling out of the city for long or short durations.
- Staying in a serviced apartment gives you access to the kitchen with all the basic necessities.
- The service apartments are fully equipped with all the latest gadgets like the dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, microwave, and refrigerator.
- Often, a caretaker comes to do the cleaning of the apartment.
- It is also suitable for entertaining guests and friends as opposed to hotels where it might be a tricky situation.
- Reduces the hassle of setting up home for a limited time period.
- It is extremely pocket-friendly, wherein the guest don’t have to worry about the trivial things and pay huge luxury taxes.
- Often since you are staying for a long duration, you tend to meet like-minded people and make friends. These friends help you enjoy your stay and make lifelong relations.
- For the amount that you pay, the space you get is much more. This will help you in getting clean and organized.
- These apartments offer a fitness center, gym, swimming pool for guests.
How to choose your Service Apartment?
Service apartments are a trendy and convenient way to live outside of your home city. However, it is important to ensure that you book the correct one. Presenting a checklist to help you choose the best of Service apartments
Ensure that you book for a registered service apartment provider. There are thousands of service apartments available in metro cities, verify the one you opt for.
Check out the proximity of the service apartment to the major station, airport or your work location. This is an obvious but important one. With the internet today it is as simple as checking the maps.
Look out for the inclusions so that you do not miss out on anything important.
Live Innovative is a company which provides service apartments for short and long-term lease in Pune and Mumbai. They have properties in the prime locations of these major business cities in close proximity to the main IT hubs and business complexes.